Saturday 12 October 2013

Not So Glamorous Fashion



As you may know I am a fashion student and am currently completing my Diploma in Tasmania before I head off to Melbourne next year. After completing my Certificate IV in fashion last year I became bored during the holidays and found myself pattern making and sewing even more. I decided it would be a good idea to make a local label.

For the past year I have been trying to get my own label up and running and it is hard, not so much the pattern making and the sewing but more along the lines of time and organisation. I am a full time student for one and work as a babysitter, I also do alterations from time to time so it is hard to fit in pattern making, and sewing garments for my own line. I have had a massive think about my label over the past few months and have decided to send my designs to a production line. If there is one thing I have learnt from creating my own label it is you can't control everything otherwise things just don't get done. 

SO, this summer keep an eye out for my designs, visit this blog for updates on moving my label forward and styling tips.

Jayde

No comments:

Post a Comment